Tuesday, 6 March 2007

Project Update

As promised my projects update..........

I decided it was time to cast on for a new project. I have many sweaters (and socks) promised before winter, not the least for my wardrobe so since it is now the end of summer I knew I should start. I have had my eye on a modified version of Banff that is on the Blue Blog. I need a good basic warm jumper and love raglans so it seems like a good match. Not even considering doing it in the flat when it is so obviously suited for in the round I pulled out my trusty EZ. I am knitting it as a bottom up raglan. It has been a delight to knit. I love this yarn. It is Green Mountain Spinnery Mountain Mohair. It wasn't to gauge but it was easy math to rework it. It is a mohair/wool blend and a favourite of mine. It is just the best yarn around for felting. Anyway I am loving the simplicity of the pattern and just doing some basic knitting. I took this away with me to Central and finished both sleeves. I am now working on the body. So fast. Sometimes I just love all knit.
I have also been spending a lot of time with my socks (notice the plural, I have cast on for #2) and we are getting there. Once I turn the heel it goes much, much faster as only the top of the foot is in pattern. It is now my travelling, sitting at libraries, fill in a odd moment out and about project.

Yesterday we dug up our potatoes for winter. We ended up with 2 large sackfuls and are now salivating over what they will become; potato salad, potato soup, steamed potatoes with olive oil and fresh herbs, potato gnocchi, mashed potatoes with lentil stew, oven fries, aloo gobi, potato pierogies, samosas.................

Lastly I have joined a KAL for the Stefanie Japel's Cable Down Raglan. I love the look of this sweater. I love this designer. One skein wonder is possibly my favourite pattern of all time, I have made it 4 times and could easily make it again. I love how quick it is, how easy it is to memorise, the rhythm of the increases, it feels like a song. Ahhh the choice of yarn... This sweater has to come from the stash but nothing seems quite right. I will have to sit myself down and give myself a good talking to. The stash is too big, the stash must become smaller, I am stronger than the stash, it is all good yarn, lovely stuff otherwise I wouldn't have bought it, it doesn't matter that I had other plans for it....................

No comments: