Friday, 9 March 2007

I am sure one day this will be a funny story but right at the moment........

This morning I was expelled from Playcentre. Playcentre is a government run, structured playgroup for under 5's. Kaitaia is 3 years old so we joined when we returned to New Zealand about 5 months ago. Given that we homeschool and have complete confidence in what we are doing it was probably never a good match. Well it turns out that while I get along well with the other kids it seems I have trouble following the (unnecessary) rules. It seems I have a problem with authority and may have a chip a on my shoulder. So it was suggested that "playcentre was not a good match for me". Yep expelled from preschool. Boy that is one to add to the resume for "mummy of the year" award. Given that I haven't been expelled from a preschool before am I still allowed to be friends with other parents or does Playcentre own them too? I forgot to check the rules before I was shown out.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

...So, do you follow the 'rules' of a knitting pattern?? Your projects look fine to me. **

another home educator - from Hamilton NZ

Stell said...

welcome, I found you from your post for dunedin knitters on knittersreview forum - not only another dunedin kniter who knows EZ, but who blogs knitting!!

Me I was expelled from a montessori preschool on behalf of my son (just the one and in hindsight i wasn't very montessori - the next one was fantstic). We also had the suggestion that maybe monetessori and my son were not a good match.

Stell said...

that 'i' should have been an 'it', has the right meaning that way. sorry